SHRI AMARNATHJI YATRA
PUBLIC INTEREST MESSAGES
One can also buy ration at fair prices from the specially established Govt. Depots at Chandanwari, Sheshnag and Panjtarni. Numerous tea-stalls and small restaurants can be of great relief. However, pilgrims are advised to carry with them biscuits, toffees, tinned food etc. to cater to their immediate needs. Firewood or gas can be obtained at Chandanwari, Sheshnag, Panjtarni and near the Cave.
A Yatri duly registered by the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board for the Yatra 2019, having a valid Yatra Permit issued by the SASB will be entitled to an insurance cover of Rs. Three lac in case of death due to accident while undertaking the Yatra.
Insulated huts and tents are installed during the Yatra at various Camps. These are available on rentals.
Get a registration done about a month ahead of the date fixed for the commencement of Yatra.
Do’s for the Yatris
- Do carry sufficient woolen clothing as the temperature may
sometimes abruptly fall to below 5 degree Celsius.
- Do carry umbrella, wind cheater, raincoat, and waterproof shoes as
the weather in the Yatra area is unpredictable.
- Do keep your clothes and eatables in a suitable water proof bag to
avoid your belongings getting wet.
- Do keep in your pocket a note containing the name / address, mobile
telephone number of any Yatri proceeding for Darshan on the same
date as you are doing, for emergency purposes.
- Do carry your identity card / driving license and Yatra permit with you.
- Do travel in a group, with porters / horses / ponies carrying your
- Do ensure that all those comprising the group remain in your sight,
lest you are separated from your group.
- On your journey home, you must leave the Base Camps along with
all other members of your group.
- Do seek immediate assistance of the Police in case any member of
your group is missing. Also have an announcement made on the
Public Address System at the Yatra Camp.
- Do help your fellow Yatris travelling with you and perform Yatra with a
- Do strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra Administration,
from time to time.
- For any assistance, contact SASB Camp Directors / nearest Yatra
- In case of any accident or emergent situation, immediately contact
the nearest Camp Director / Mountain Rescue Teams (MRTs)
deployed at various locations.
- The gates of Access Control at Domel and Chandanwari open at
05.00 am and close at 11.00 am. Reach the gates on time. No Yatri
shall be allowed to undertake pilgrimage after the closure of the Gate.
- Do follow the prescribed Food Menu available on the Board’s
website: www.amarnathjiyatra.in while having food in the
- Pre-paid SIM Cards from other States shall not work in J&K and
Yatra area. Yatris can purchase pre-activated SIM Cards at the Base
Camps of Baltal and Nunwan.
- Earth, water, air, fire and sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva.
Therefore respect the environment and do nothing whatsoever to
pollute the Yatra area.