STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION THROUGH
DESIGNATED BRANCHES OF BANKS.
- The registration and issue of Yatra Permit (YPs) will be done on firstcome-first-serve basis.
- The Registration of Yatris shall commence from all the Bank
Branches from Monday the 29th February, 2017 onwards.
- One Yatra Permit shall be valid for registering only one Yatri.
- Each Registration Branch has been allotted a fixed per day/ per route
quota for registering the Yatris. The Registration Branch shall ensure
that the number of Yatris registered does not exceed the allotted per
day/ per route quota.
- No one below the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years and no
lady with more than six week’s pregnancy shall be registered for the
- Every Yatri will have to submit Application Form and Compulsory
Health Certificate (CHC) to obtain Yatra Permit for the Yatra. The
Formats of the Application Form and CHC, and the list of Doctors/
Medical Institutions authorized to issue CHC are available at SASB’s
- The Application Form and CHC shall be made available free of cost to
the applicant-Yatri by the Registration Branch.
- To apply for the Yatra Permit, the applicant-Yatri will submit the
following documents to the Registration Officer:
- filled-in prescribed Application Form; and
- prescribed Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) issued on or after
10th Feb 2016 by the Authorized Doctor/ Medical Institution.
- four passport sized photographs ( three for Yatra Permits and one
for the Application form).
- The Registration Officer shall check the following:
- whether the Application Form has been correctly filled-in and signed
by the applicant-Yatri;
- whether the CHC has been issued by the Authorized Doctor/ Medical
- whether the CHC has been issued on or after 10th
- The Registration Official shall issue YPs bearing BALTAL for Baltal
Route and PAHALGAM for the Pahalgam Route. For each day and
route, the Registration Officer shall issue Yatra Permits as per colour
coding given below:
|| Colour of Yatra Permit For Pahalgam Route
|| Colour of Yatra Permit For Baltal Route
- The specific day on which a pilgrim is registered to undertake the Yatra
(i.e., Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and
Sunday) has been printed on the Yatra Permit. The day printed on the
Yatra Permit is the day on which the Yatri will be allowed to cross the
Access Control Gates at Baltal and Chandanwari (Pahalgam).
- The Bank Branch shall ensure that the date for which the Yatra Permit is
issued for crossing the Access Control Gates matches with the day (i.e.,
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and
Sunday) printed on the Yatra Permit before issuing the Permit to the
- In the Yatra Permit Forms, the Yatra year and date of Yatra has not
been printed. Therefore, it is mandatory for the issuing Bank Branch
to stamp / write the Yatra year and date of Yatra and paste the date
and year so written/ stamped with a transparent tape (pasting of
transparent tape is important in order to make the date and year of
Yatra tamper-proof). However, the stamping of the date, year and
Bank branch shall be done only at the time of issuance of the Yatra
Permit. In no case, should any Yatra Permit be stamped in advance.
This aspect be ensured positively.
- If the Application Form and CHC are in order, the Registration Officer
shall issue a YP to the applicant against a payment of Rs 50/- per Yatra
Permit (of the aforesaid amount Rs 35/- will be remitted in SASB’s
account and the remaining amount shall be retained by the Bank), after
following the steps mentioned in paras 15-17.
- The Registration Officer shall affix passport size photographs and fill in
the Yatra Permit Form on the spot as per the details mentioned in the
Application Form and the CHC. The date of the Yatra be also filled in
- The Registration Officer shall sign the Yatra Permit and apply the Bank
Branch Seal on the Yatra Permit in such a way that the Seal is partly
imprinted on the photograph of the applicant-Yatri and partly on the YP.
However, the stamping of the date, year and Bank branch shall be done
only at the time of issuance of the Yatra Permit. In no case, should any
Yatra Permit be stamped in advance. This aspect be ensured positively.
- Before issuing the Yatra Permit to the applicant-Yatri, the Registration
Officer shall record the following particulars:
- Date of issue of Yatra Permit.
- The Serial Number of Yatra Permit.
- Name, address and telephone/ mobile number of the applicantYatri.
- Name of next-of-kin of applicant-Yatri, to be contacted in case of
- Route of pilgrimage.
- Date of embarking on the Yatra from Baltal/ Pahalgam.
- The Registering Bank will e-mail by 8 p.m. every day complete
information about the Yatra Permits issued during the day, particularly
including the details listed in paragraph 17 to SASB at the following
- The Nodal Officer/ Nodal Bank Branch will consolidate the total
number of Yatra Permits issued (Bank Branch-wise and Statewise) during the day and convey to the SASB the status of the
same, date-wise and route-wise, by 8 p.m. every day. This
requirement needs to be complied with and e-mailed to SASB
without fail every day.
- Once the Registration process is over, the Registration Branch shall
forward to the CEO, SASB, all the Application Forms and CHCs against
which YPs have been issued.
- All the unused (blank) Yatra Permit Forms will be returned by the
individual branches to the Nodal Officer by Registered Post once
the Registration Process is finally over. The Nodal Officer shall in
turn forward the same to CEO, SASB, by hand, by 20th September
- The Registering Branch may register the Yatris after the normal banking
hours, between 3 PM to 6 PM.
- The distance and time taken for journey up to Holy Cave by two routes is
Baltal Axis (District Ganderbal)
||Mode of Transport
|By Mech. Trpt
||Neelgarth to Panjtarni
|Baltal to Pahalgam
|| 10 mins
|Sgr to Neelgrath
|Baltal to Domel
| Domel to Brarimarg
|Barimarg to Holy Cave
|Baltal to Holy Cave
Pahalgam Axis (District Anantnag)
||Mode of Transport
|By Mech. Trpt
||Pahalgam to Panjtarni
|Pahalgam to Baltal
|| 15 min
|Distance from Jammu to Khanabal
|Khanabal to Pahalgam
| Pahalgam to Chandanwari
|| 16 kms
|Chandanwari to Sheshnag
| Panjtrani to Holy Cave
|Nunwan to Holy Cave
||1 hr upto
|12 hrs from Chandanwari
to Holy Cave